Sitting in the Aisle

It's kinda like getting an e-mail from John about what movie he just saw, well, kinda, sorta.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Show Your Bones (Music)



Thought I'd share what I'm currently listening to. It's the latest album from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs called Show Your Bones. It's gotten really positive reviews from Entertainment Weekly and Rolling Stone. I absolutely loved one particular track off their last and first album, Maps. If you haven't heard it, e-mail me and the first ten might get something back.

I've only picked up the album yesterday. It's going to take a while before it sinks in. Generally I like to listen to the album over and over again until it becomes just background noise. This will take a week or so. I only listen to CDs in the car. Then I'll stop listening to it and listen to smething else. If I find myself humming some of the songs or I just miss hearing it, I know it's a keeper. Rarely will I like an album on a first go. Sometimes I feel myself having to get used to it, especially if it's new sound or type of music I'm not accustomed to.

I'll keep listening while I'm sitting in the aisle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home