Sitting in the Aisle

It's kinda like getting an e-mail from John about what movie he just saw, well, kinda, sorta.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Finally Woken (Music)



I get a lot of requests asking how I get the music I listen to since I don't actually listen to radio. It's been asked enough that I'd thought I'd share where I got the inspiration to listen to the latest, greatest, can't get enough of, record on my iPod and in my car CD player from. The album is Finally Woken by Jem.

I was watching the newly downloaded trailer to Ultraviolet with Mila Jovich-something and directed by the guy who did Equilibrium with Christian Bale and unleashed the martial art, Gunkata to the world. The trailer featured bright, primary, over-saturated colors and Matrix-inspired kung-fu with a really killer song. A quick search on the internet yielded the song, 24, by Jem on the album, Finally Woken. I went to my local library's website and held a copy in reserve. Turns out I've actually heard a few songs on the album before, but it was this song that turned the tide. I made a copy with some additional songs. The track listings are as follows:

They 3:16 Finally Woken Jem
Come On Closer 3:47 Finally Woken Jem
Finally Woken 3:58 Finally Woken Jem
Save Me 3:33 Finally Woken Jem
24 3:54 Finally Woken Jem
Missing You 4:01 Finally Woken Jem
Wish I 3:56 Finally Woken Jem
Just A Ride 3:20 Finally Woken Jem
Falling For You 4:17 Finally Woken Jem
Stay Now 3:43 Finally Woken Jem
Flying High 4:08 Finally Woken Jem
Maybe I'm Amazed 4:44 Music from the O.C.: Mix 2 Jem
Caribbean Blue 3:59 Shepherd Moons Enya
Breathe (2 AM) 4:39 Wreck Of The Day Anna Nalick
One More Night 3:37 Space Channel 5 Planet Dance [The... Amber
Check On It 3:31 #1's: Destiny's Child Beyonce Feat. Slim Thug
Shake It Off 3:52 The Emancipation Of Mimi [Repack... Mariah Carey
Disappear 4:10 X INXS
Since You've Been Gone 3:09 Breakaway Kelly Clarkson

Sometimes I'll read an article in a magazine that sounds interesting and will check out the album or I'll see a video or even a commercial. Whatever strikes my fancy. I think people start aging when they they stop listening to the current music or new music. Most people I know stop listening to anything new past whatever they were listening to in college. Anyhoo just a theory. Bopping along in my headphones and sitting in the aisle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home