Sitting in the Aisle

It's kinda like getting an e-mail from John about what movie he just saw, well, kinda, sorta.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Lady in the Water (Film)

I hated the last M. Night movie, The Village. Didn't care for it at all, though I've really enjoyed his past films. I think he's a gifted filmmaker who makes interesting movies that are shot really well. Armed with reasonable expectations, I went to see his latest. The biggest problem I had with this movie, was the awkward way in which the story was told. Many times the hero of the story was stuck and someone actually ended up telling him what to do next, literally, time and time again. There was no sense of discovery or having the story unfold in a natural manner. It felt like lazy writing with the difference being telling a joke or having to explain it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home