Sitting in the Aisle

It's kinda like getting an e-mail from John about what movie he just saw, well, kinda, sorta.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My 5 Favorite Albums (Random Musing)

Fiddling with my iPod the other night and I came to muse upon what my favorite albums are. Now I've heard in this day of buying singles, people actually buying whole albums is a rather antiquated concept, a product of a by-gone era. Perhaps. Maybe people don't have enough time to absorb albums anymore, not when something new could be heard a mouse click away. Any way, for your listening pleasure and mine, I'd thought I'd list what my five albums are. I do like a wide range of music, but these are albums I can actually find myself listening to the whole way through. Not as easy as I might have thought. And this is in no particular order.

By the Way by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. I found this album to be a real departure form their previous efforts. It has a real strong sense of harmony I would not have thought possible from this group.


Ritual de lo Habitual by Jane's Addiction. The song Three Days is as fine as a rock song can be and the other songs are not too shabby either. It's the album that made me love Jane's Addiction and the reason why I kept getting their albums in the hopes they will be as good as this.


Come Away with Me by Norah Jones. Her lush voice made me swoon over these songs.


The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails. Awesome. I was planning on listening to just the first track and I damn near listened to the entire album.


OK Computer by Radiohead. Over an entire winter all I listened to was this album. And I never got sick of it. This album alone will make me get every single album Radiohead makes for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home