Sitting in the Aisle

It's kinda like getting an e-mail from John about what movie he just saw, well, kinda, sorta.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Perfume - The Story of a Murderer (Film)

At times the visual images flowed like sublime poetry. The story is about a man whose sense of smell is so acute, he can discern the precise contents of a perfume with just one whiff. He wants to create the most potent scent ever devised and to do so, like making an omelet, he must break a few eggs or in this case, sacrifice a few lives. I see this as a statement on the necessity of great art comes from great pain and sometimes suffering. I found this film to be utterly captivating coupled with a sense of unease. I found myself wondering how this story would ultimately end. It's been a while since that's happened to me. I'm a big fan of this director's earlier work, Run Lola Run, and see his love for red heads remains intact. I give this film a B+.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home