Sitting in the Aisle

It's kinda like getting an e-mail from John about what movie he just saw, well, kinda, sorta.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Children of Men (Film)

I've been a big fan of this director ever since Alfonso Cuaron directed Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I think he is enormously talented and has a real eye for taking interesting shots. His talent is very much evident in this movie with breathtaking shots of extended takes with no apparent cuts. I wish the story was as compelling. If you've seen the trailer, I'm afraid you've seen most of the major story beats for this film. I wasn't as annoyed as I should have been given the story's acute ambiguity on the reasons why children are no longer being born or the lack of information on the Human Project. What story is present is compelling and worth watching. I give this film a B.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home