Sitting in the Aisle

It's kinda like getting an e-mail from John about what movie he just saw, well, kinda, sorta.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Dreamgirls (Film)

It's much more like an opera than musical. I'd guess about 5% of the film is spoken dialogue with the rest made up of song. Which wouldn't be so bad, if you cared for the music. I would strongly recommend taking a listen to the soundtrack and see if you care for the songs. If you do, by all means see this movie. If not, this will be a very long two hours. A very, very long two hours. The film is very well made and shot beautifully. I wished the songs were a lot stronger. The Dreamgirls are supposed to be representative of the hit Motown sound. Sadly, for me, none of the songs sung in the movie come even close. I give this one a D.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home