Sitting in the Aisle

It's kinda like getting an e-mail from John about what movie he just saw, well, kinda, sorta.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth (Film)

My expectations got the better of me this time. I had heard so much about this movie I was expecting such big things. It was like someone telling you he has this really funny joke. A really, really funny joke. I mean, you'll just bust a gut laughing and that's no joke, seriously. Then you hear the joke and you're just left feeling, eh. That's how I felt after seeing this movie.

I wanted the main character of Ofelia, a reincarnated soul of a lost Princess, to be more clever and show her worthy of her royal title. The film is beautifully made, I think the director has some real skill and style all his own. I just wish the film was as good. I give the film a C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home