Sitting in the Aisle

It's kinda like getting an e-mail from John about what movie he just saw, well, kinda, sorta.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Wii (Video Game)


I was lucky enough to stop in a new Best Buy on opening day. I was doing a quick browse when an ultra-friendly salesperson pointed out the stack of Wiis just sitting there. It was a thing of beauty. I had been casually looking for this item over the past several months. Even though the
Wii has been out since Thanskgiving, I still could not find one on the shelves. I do see plenty of PS3s and 360s, but no Wiis, until now. I haven't played around much with it, but it really does feel next gen. The graphics are similar to the Gamecube and it would have been nice if they were a tad spiffier, but the controls more than make up for it. Without playing one, it's hard to get across just how amazing the controls are. I felt a little like Tom Cruise using the computer in the Minority Report. All in all it's pretty amazing. So far the best games out were initially made for the Gamecube. I don't think the real potential has been tapped yet. And with so many Wiis being sold, I hope we see some games that will. I haven't been this amazed with a game system since the Sega Dreamcast. I can only hope this system will be around much longer. I give this Wii an A.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home