Sitting in the Aisle

It's kinda like getting an e-mail from John about what movie he just saw, well, kinda, sorta.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

John Rambo (DVD)

Watched the entire Rambo saga last week on DVD. I'm struck with how good these films are, especially the first two. James Cameron even had a hand in the story for Rambo II. Rambo's such an icon of the 80's and Reagan's politics, I feared the films themselves would be dated. Rest assured this is not the case. I think he is my favorite of Stallone's characters and would rather see a Rambo IV instead of the Rocky VI coming out in December. The Italian Stallion has mentioned making another Rambo after Rocky. Is he too old? Perhaps, but if Ford can go another round as Indiana Jones, then I see no problem. I do think Vin Diesel would make a most excellent Rambo.

One of my most favorite movie memories is when I made my dad take me to see Rambo II. Due to the nature of this film, we thought it best to leave my younger sister at home. She ended up watching Battle of the Network Stars on ABC. It's one of the few films where it was just my dad and me going to the movies. I thought the film most excellent and ended up being a favorite of mine for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home